Introduction to the Pelvic Floor/Core: 8 Week Series for Back, Hip, and Pelvic Health
There seems to be a lot of misconceptions about the pelvic floor.
What is the pelvic floor?
The pelvic floor is a group of muscles that play a vital role in stabilizing your hips and back, supporting your organs as well as assisting bowel, bladder, and sexual function. The pelvic floor is an important part of the core as it helps neighboring hip, back, and deep abdominal muscles control movement of the sacroiliac (SI) joints and hip joints. When the pelvic floor and core is imbalanced, you could experience symptoms such as pain, pressure, or tightness in the pelvic region, groin, hips, or back, discomfort with intercourse,
or bowel and/or bladder issues (constipation or leakage).
The aging process, menopause, childbirth, lifestyle habits, and certain medical conditions can all affect the health of the pelvic floor.
This small group workshop style series is designed to help women deepen their understanding of basic anatomy and function of the pelvic floor muscles and their relationship to the breath, hips, spine, and posture. We’ll explore breathing practices, restorative yoga, and gentle movement designed to restore your core for optimal function so you can move with greater ease and continue to do the activities you enjoy as you age. The small group format allows you an opportunity to ask questions and learn personalized modifications specific to your body. Each class will include mindful movement and discussion.
- common misconceptions about how to strengthen the pelvic floor/core
- common breathing, posture, and movement patterns that contribute to a weak core, chronic tension, and stress
- how the pelvic floor is involved in day to day functional tasks and activities
- symptoms of pelvic floor weakness, tightness, and imbalances
- causes and risks of pelvic floor issues
- lifestyle and posture habits that inhibit optimal core function
- the mechanics of breathing and the relationship between the breath and pelvic floor/core
- learn breathing techniques and exercises to relieve chronic tension and stress
- learn how to identify your unconscious patterns and create new patterns to enhance quality of life and movement
- learn how to properly engage, release, and lengthen the pelvic floor/core muscles
- improve core connection, posture awareness, balance, and function in day to day life
- take away tips and tools to reduce the risk of injury and support you on your journey to better health
Join us to build support, stability, and supple strength from the inside out, find balance, and enhance overall health and well-being.
Tuesdays 4:30 – 5:45 p.m.
November 8th – January 3th
(No class on November 22nd or December 27th)
27535 U.S. Hwy 98
Daphne, Alabama 36526
Early Bird: before November 1 $250, after $275
Space is limited to only 6 people. Pre-registration is required. Call today to reserve your spot. 251-375-0131
This class is appropriate for all levels. If you have questions concerning your ability to participate in the class or you would like to discuss private sessions, please contact me.
This is an informational and experiential workshop. It is not intended to substitute medical treatment or advice. If you have concerns about your health, please consult a qualified medical professional.